Skip to main content

Benefit Cosmetics Galifornia Blush (review)

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing good. Today I sat down to write another review for you. I will be reviewing Benefit Cosmetics Galifornia Blush which I have been using for quite sometime and have alot to say about it. So let's get started!

Benefit Cosmetics Galifornia Blush launched in 2017 and I have been eyeing it since then because of its beautiful, fun and colorful packaging so one day I finally decided to purchase it.

Benefit Galifornia Blush

Ever since I got my hands on this, I cannot stop obsessing over its packaging! It looks absolutely gorgeous in my makeup vanity. It comes in a square cardboard box with a mirror and a good quality brush inside just like the standard benefit blushes. The brush that comes along is very useful when you're on the go. In addition to that, one thing that immediately caught my attention when I opened it for the first time was the smell. It smells very fruity, just like grapefruit to be exact which I really enjoy but if you do not like scented makeup products then you might not like this.

Benefit Galifornia Blush

In terms of color, it is a warm peachy pink blush with a hint of very fine gold shimmer in it. The shimmer is not too over the top and actually looks very pretty on the cheeks. The pigmentation is just right for a blush, niether too pigmented nor too sheer. However this color probably won't show up on medium to dark skintones. I have light neutral skintone and I have to really build it up to be able to actually see some color on my cheeks.

It is a nice everyday blush which isn't very noticable on the skin. It just adds a slight hint of color to the cheeks. If you are wearing a very bold eye look or a bold lip and you are not sure what blush color to go for, this is probably going to look good with every look especially with bold eyes and lips because it will just add a hint of color without competing with the eyes or the lips and looking too over the top. I always pick this one up whenever I am unsure about my blush color and want to play safe.

However, I was slightly disappointed with the pigmentation of this blush as I have to really build it up in layers to show up on my skin and for 30$ there are much better blushes in the market in terms of pigmentation. So, if you are a fan of dark, pigmented blushes and enjoy that flushed cheeks look then this is not the one for you. As I said earlier, it won't show up on medium to dark skintones. Even if you build it up it still won't show up on your skin so better spend your money on some other blush which has better pigmentation and a color that would suit your skintone.

It retails for 30$ in the US, I got this for around 5000 pkr from a facebook page named "About the fit".

To sum up, I do enjoy using this blush on everyday basis when I am going for a no makeup look, I have actually found ways to make this blush work for me to be very honest because It was expensive! I cannot bring myself to pass it onto someone else or just throw it away but would I repurchase it for 5000 rs? Absolutely not. I will keep using it until it finishes up but will definitely not repurchase as it doesn't show up on my skin very well and I have to really build it up to get some color on my cheeks. People with very light porcelain skin tones would get a better use out of this blush.

Overall rating 3/5

Until next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ST London Blush in the shade "Dark Peach" (Review)

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well and taking all the necessary precautions to stay safe and healthy. As all of us are locked up in our homes, I have decided to post more often to keep you guys entertained as I have alot more time than I used to have. So, today I decided to pen down another review and this time it is of something which is every girl's favourite makeup product, easily available in Pakistan and is very affordable aswell. Yess I am talking about blushes and specifially St London's blush which won't cost an arm and leg and is easily available at any supermarket or drugstore in Pakistan. Coming to the packaging, this comes in a good quality, sturdy black hard plastic packaging which looks very appealing in my makeup kit. Its packaging reminds me of Sephora single blushes and Inglot's round blushes. It has a mirror inside which I do appreciate. Shade and shelf life of the product are mentioned on the back of the blush. Now let's talk about the

REVIEW: Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Blusher

Hi lovelies ! I hope you are all doing well. I am back with another review for you guys. And this time it is of a new blusher! You all must be aware of wet n wild color icon blushes, yeah they are pretty old but recently they reformulated their blushes, revamped the packaging and added some new shades in their color icon blush line. So I ordered one for myself and decided to test this product for a couple of days and write a review for you guys and here are my findings! First off this blush is very inexpensive ! Only 500 rupees in pakistan which is super inexpensive as compared to other nyx and milani blushes. You get 5.85g of the product which is going to last you for a long time as you only need a tiny amount of this product because it is super pigmented. So coming to the packaging, it looks totally different as compared to the previous packaging that they had. I really like the new one as it is very cute sleek and sturdy with a cute little animal cruelty sticker on top of i